Junior Nordic Program Description
Please note we hope to offer a more normal program with regards to COVID protocols. We learned much the last two winters about how to operate our program safely. We will adjust our program as needed with regards to your child's safety and community health concerns.
- We are changing our start time to 620p for our evening sessions in hopes of getting kids home and in bed earlier!
- We will place skiers on a first come, first served basis to ensure 1:10 ratio for group size.
- We share that opportunity with returning families first.
- We have programmed for 25-27 coaches, but if your skier is waitlisted there may be an opportunity to build a new group if there is a new coach.
- A $40 Club Membership is required for insurance purposes. You can buy a membership during the registration process or separately.
- Our fee structure is $100 for the first skier, $90 for the second and $80 for each additional skier in your family. Please see below for an explanation of the change.
- We will have ski rentals available for $30 with online registration only. This includes skis and poles only. We do not rent boots. See the Gear tab under Education.
- In the event that community health warrants us to stand-down any group skiing, we will host several virtual events this year outside of the normal Jr Nordic sessions (i.e., races, scavenger hunts).
Scholarship opportunities are available if you or someone you know needs help making this opportunity happen for their children! A grant from our good friends, the Erin K. Johnson Foundation donate funds to help offset cost should you need a little help. Please reach out to Ted Stille at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will put you in touch with those opportunities.
Ski club membership applies to each family (each adult account). Every child in Jr. Nordic does not need a separate membership. This standard $40 Club Membership applies to any size family. It does not include registration in the Jr. Nordic program. Club membership is required for each Jr. Nordic family, ski rentals, coaches, board members, and ski club volunteers. Our insurance requires membership, and acknowledgement of the activities waiver.
Registration for the 2022-2023 season opens on or about 1 October at the Registration page!
We hope to start kids on the snow on 12 December 2022. We will follow the ASD calendar. Our program will be complete on 9 March 2023.
Monday / Wednesday
700p - 800p Polar Cub, White Beginner, White Zoomer, Blue Beginner, Blue Extra, Purple, possible Orange for older beginners.
Tuesday / Thursday
700p - 800p Polar Cub, White Beginner, White Zoomer, Blue Beginner, Blue Extra, Comp (no Purple group), Orange for older beginners.
Early Bird Monday / Wednesday
430p - 530p Polar Cub, White Beginner, White Zoomer. This is a very small offering intended for young families with beginner skiers.